Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Winning Hand Swap

I recently took part in The Winning Hand Swap hosted by the Sweet Goodness Girls. The requirements were to send a package to your swap partner that included at least one vintage/thrift/used item, one handmade item and a sweet treat. My swap partner was Cassie from Gifts for Nonnie, and the following is what I sent her in the above box, which really had nothing to do with the theme. I just liked it.
These are the thrift items: a heart candy mold, socks with diamond shapes, a drinking glass with face cards and the suit symbols. The C notes are for Cassie and the doily is a counted cross stitch fabric. I know she does a lot of beautiful cross stitch so I thought this might be a project for her.
The above picture and the one below are what I made her. (Sorry the first picture is so bad, but I don't know how to delete it without starting all over again).

I made a tall journal, a fabric wallet with fabric covered in playing cards, a covered box, actually the sweet treat, with playing cards on it, another covered box, and a small glass jar filled with scrapbook embellishments.

This the covered box made using a Laughing Cow cheese box. The sides are covered in red velvet with a button where the ribbon meets. The top is scrapbook paper with cards on it, with a glass crown on the kings head. I also inked the box and the paper.

This is the tall journal that I covered with red paper, and cut outs of four different queens, each from a different suit. Then I added the tag-"Q is for Queen with different ribbon and a tassel.

The above are also things that I made for Cassie that don't fit the theme, but as the tag I made says they are for "just because." The dishcloths are from the pattern offered on Homespun Living. (I first saw this on Her Art Nest). The pattern is a basket weave that is quick and fun to make, actually a little bit addictive. I made them in white and moss green since Cassie likes that shade of green. The tag is inked brown with some lace added, and then my writing. The other Journal is made from a composition book. I covered it with vintage green wallpaper, a picture of a quilt from a catalog, and a page from a nature book. (The wallpaper and page came from a package I bought from Karla's Cottage. The rest of the embellishments are rubber stamp images, a metal rose, buttons, postage stamp, old picture and a rabbit.
This is the inside front cover and the first page. The cover has two tags, an ATC and her initial. I also covered the first three pages with white paper since I didn't like the lined pages and they were rather thin also. I originally tore the paper to get just the rose in, but when I looked at it, it looked like a little chick. So that's what is became.
Page two is a cute little fairy baby sleeping. I got this image from Karla also.

Page three is a cat because I LOVE cats! I also tore out every other page so the journal would close.
This was my first swap with the Sweet Goodness Girls and I hope Carla likes what I sent her.









2 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

Nancy,

Congratulations! You are this month's Country Heart Giveaway winner. Please email me your mailing address and I will sent it right away. You can email me at ofheartandhome@yahoo.com

Gina

Her Art Nest said...

Cool swap, Nancy! You gave away such beautiful things. Glad to see you having fun with your blog! Take care.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...