This is a skirt that I made for Sarah. MI daughter had bought some fabric for me to make The Girly Stripwork skirt from http://www.pinkfig.typepad.com a while back and of course I misplaced it in my sewing room. So I finally found the material and made up the strip part of the skirt, only to find out that the material was not what she had bought. I should have know when I saw the yellow. So to remedy the situation MI daughter and I headed to the fabric store to find some kind of "funky fabric" to save the skirt. We picked the diamond pattern for the drop waistband and the hem band and were pleased with the results.