Monday, April 26, 2010

Teapots and Coffee

I finally finished my teapots for the "In the style of Mary Englebreit teapot" swap. I had a lot of difficulty keeping the edges as "clean" as I could. I am not the greatest when it comes to using an exact knife. The girls in the Sum of All ATCs group suggested sanding the edges and then inking which is what I did. I used an emery board instead of sand paper, which seemed to work better for me.
The blue one below and the red and yellow teapots were done using ME note cards that I cut up. I especially like the blue one.
The pink one below is very similar to the black one that I did first and posted on an earlier entry. Now I have to make the cover that will be mine to use to put together a book when I receive the teapots from others in the group.
I won the cute pink coffee cup sleeve in a giveaway from Her Art Nest. Nancy is a fabulous artist who also likes to knit. Check out her blog to see her art work and knitting. She has a beautiful sweater on there that she made for her granddaughter.






2 comments:

Juliet A said...

Yours are so adorable! I hope I get one.

Her Art Nest said...

Hi Nan, I am so glad you enjoyed your "cuff" or coffee cup cozy! Thanks for your kind comments. Hugs, Nancy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...